- Name/Brand: Slatkin & Co. Cider Lane
- Size/Burn: 14.5 oz., Approx. burns for 30-45 hours
- Retail Price: $19.50 ($10 during 2/$20 sale)
- Purchase Link: Bath & Body Works Website
- It can be best classified as a food/drink scent. The Cider Lane candle does not smell like your typical cider but is much closer to a caramel apple scent. It smells like fresh-cut apples paired with just-warmed caramel drizzle. It has a rather fresh and crisp scent to it and is not your traditional candied caramel apple smell. It is not particularly heavy on the spices like a "cider" name would imply.
- We believe this candle to have a rather wide and universal appeal. Response on this candle has been rather positive and we believe the caramel apple scent to be pleasant and perfect for the Fall season.
- The burn on this Cider lane candle has been varied. The wicks on these candles were tubular and thick. While the first few burns on this candle have been perfect with very high flames, after reaching the midway point of this candle, the wicks burn away to be rather short and stubby. As a result, while the candle still reaches an even wax pool in about an hour, the flames are much smaller. We know of this to happened to more than one candle.
- The throw of this candle is rather strong and will easily fill up a medium-large sized bedroom. In our experience, the throw is stronger in the first half of the candle before the wicks become short and stubby. In the 2nd half of the candle, because the flames become smaller, the throw is less intense, but is still strong considering its performance.
- Overall, if you are looking for a caramel apple scent, definitely check out Cider Lane. The throw is very strong and pleasant. We find this to be a rather unique caramel apple scent and thoroughly enjoy the scent. While the burn is not perfect, it still manages to achieve an even pool of wax in the last half of the candle and therefore would not deter us from recommending this to someone. Would we recommend this candle to a friend: Yes.