- Name/Brand: Slatkin & Co. Pumpkin Cupcake
- Size/Burn: 14.5 oz., Approx. burns for 30-45 hours
- Retail Price: $19.50 ($10 during 2/$20 sale)
- Purchase Link: Bath & Body Works Website
- It can be best classified as a bakery scent. The Pumpkin Cupcake candle smells like a cross between the "Frosted Cupcake" scent and last year's "Pumpkin Patch" scent. When lit, it smells like a vanilla cupcake with a spiced, gingered frosting. In our opinion, not much of a dominant pumpkin scent comes through, but rather a heavy sweet and spicy ginger scent. Notes of buttercream can be detected through the cupcake aspect of the scent.
- We believe this candle to have a rather wide and universal appeal. It is a very pleasant and sweet bakery scent that many will come to expect in a Fall candle line.
- The burn on this Pumpkin Cupcake candle is great and consistent. The wicks on these candles are flat but very thick/braided. The first burn's flames are rather vicious, but tone down to a medium-flame afterwards.
- The throw of this candle is rather strong and will fill up a bedroom very easily. In our experience, the throw is much stronger in the first half of the candle, where it mellows out in the last half. It is nevertheless, very well-scented and is not weak by any means.
- Overall, the Pumpkin Cupcake candle is definitely worth a purchase especially during the 2/$20 promotion. The scent is very pleasant, has a wide appeal and is sure to become a new Fall-time favorite. Would we recommend this candle to a friend: Yes.